- Quality control products must be transported at specified conditions. Refer to the product insert or contact Bio-Rad Technical Support if the information is not available.
- Storing the product outside specified temperature as stated in the package
- Use of frost-free freezer which cycles below the label storage temperature for liquid chemistry
- Thawing the frozen products in the refrigerator, water bath, incubator- Most frozen products are required to thaw at room temperature.
- Not promptly replacing the stopper and returning the product to recommended storage temperature after each use
- Not discarding the aliquot vial after use; aliquots are for one time use only
- Not treating the control the same as a patient sample.
- Not mixing the product as specified (i.e. use of a mechanical rocker or mixer is not supported by Bio-Rad, unless specified)
- Over mixing the product.
- Not mixing the product long enough.
- Using the QC past its open vial or shelf life expiration date.
- Using the QC for unclaimed analyte.
- Not letting the QC reach room temperature prior to testing (if indicated).
For Lyophilized products
- Not using a volumetric (or calibrated) pipet to reconstitute.
- Not using the specified reconstitution diluent listed in the product insert to reconstitute.
- Using contaminated water or pipets to reconstitute.