The safest way to install UnityConnect is to remove your original installation. Here are the steps:
- Backup your current UC install, just to be safe.
- Check to make sure you know where your license key is stored, and what folder your current UnityConnect is installed in.
- Go to the Data Acquisition Manager and Stop the Service, then uninstall it.
- Go to Add/Remove programs and remove UnityConnect only - leave all Transformers.
- Install UnityConnect to the same directory that you had UnityConnect installed. NOTE: If you want to use the Auto-Import feature, you should install to the URT/UDT/QCOC folder - move the devcfg (no extension), and uctrans.ini files from the original location to the new location to save your configuration.
- Go into the new UnityConnect and Load your License again.
- Go into the Data Acquisition Manager and reinstall the service, then start the service again.
This should keep all your original configuration. This is true for anyone using the Beta version and would like to upgrade to the release version.
If you require further assistance please call Bio-Rad Software Support at 800-854-6737 option 3.