Please do the following to resolve this error:
Make sure you have you Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher installed. If you do not have it installed you can do the following to install it:
- Click on Start.
- Select Programs, then Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- Click on Application Utilities then click on Acrobat Reader Setup, once the setup is complete try running your reports.
Second cause of this error is Crystal Report's connection to the database has been severed. Crystal Reports uses the ODBC data source connection and relies on either the User or System DSN connections. In order to set those connections properly you will need full admin privileges, the name of the database server, and the user id and password to that database. To create an ODBC connection please do the following:
- Click on Start and select Control Panel.
- Click on Administrative Tools, then Data Sources (ODBC).
- In the User DSN tab you should see User Data Sources listed, one of those should be DSN_QCDAO. Single click on it to select it and click on the Remove button then click on Yes button.
- Click on the Add... button.
- The Create New Data Source box will pop up. Scroll to the bottom, select SQL Server and click on finish.
- In the Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window in the Name box type in DSN_QCDAO. For Description type in Bio-Rad. For the Server enter in the database server the Bio-Rad database is residing on. Click on Next.
- In this window select the option that reads 'With SQL Server authentication...', The Login ID: and Password boxes will be accessible. Type in the Login ID and Password of the database server then click on next. Then click on Next and Finish.
- In the ODBC Microsoft SQL Server Setup window you can verify your setup by clicking on the Test Data Source... button. If you receive a TESTS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY! message you created the connection properly.
You will need to repeat these steps in the in System DSN tab. Once done please run your report again.
If your require further assistance please contact Bio-Rad Software Support at 800-854-6737 option 3 then.