There are two causes to this issue. You may have one or the other and in some cases both causes.
Your 'ComponentForImport.dll' file is not the right version. To check the version of this file please do the following:
- On the DI Primary Computer.
- In Instrument Manager and stop the Quality Control connection.
- Click on My Computer, your C drive, Program Files, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Unity Real Time folder.
- Look for a file named ComponentForImport.DLL
- Right click on the file and select “Properties”
- Click the “Version” tab at the top.
- Look at the number after “File Version : “ as this will be your version.
If the version is 220.127.116.11 please contact Bio-Rad Software Support at 800-854-6737 option 3. If the file version is 18.104.22.168, please move on to the next possible cause.
The SQL server information is not properly identified in the Quality Control connection.
- On the DI Primary Computer
- In Instrument Manager, stop the Quality Control connection.
- Click on Configuration Quality Control Setup.
- At the bottom of the screen will see a list of information, write down the following information: SQL Server, Database, and username.
- Go into each of the Quality control instrument connections by selecting the instrument and clicking on the “Properties” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Compare the information you wrote down earlier against the information you see greyed out under Bio-Rad Lab Number. If the information is different please contact your IT department as well as Bio-Rad Software Support for further assistance.