Windows Vista/7 has included a new security feature called UAC that prevents changes to computer settings even if you have full admin access. To disable this feature for URT installation:
- Open Control Panel
- Under User Account and Family settings click on the "Add or remove user account"
- Click on one of the user accounts.
- Under the user account click on the "Go to the main User Account page" link.
- Under "Make changes to your user account" click on the "Change security settings" link.
- In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click on the Ok button.
- You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Do so when ready.
After installation, you can reenable the feature. To read more about UAC: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691%28WS.10%29.aspx
If you require further assistance please call Bio-Rad Software Support at 800-854-6737 option number 3.