Trying to start Unity Real-Time, you receive an error stating “ Unhandled Exception . . . Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”
**Note: Please have your IT professional perform this resolution.** To resolve this error follow these steps:
- Do a backup of your Data Base using our Backup-Restore Database program.
- Uninstall Unity Real Time by using the Add/Remove Programs option in the Control Panel.
- Now go to Start and then choose “Run”.
- Type in Regedit.
- Navigate to HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Bio-Rad Laboratories
- While in the Bio-Rad Laboratories folder delete the QC On Call Folder.
- Restart the computer.
- Re-install Unity Real Time using Advanced to choose Client ONLY install.
- Restart Computer.
- Run DSN Setup and select correct server and database.
- Run Unity Real Time.
If you require further assistance please call Bio-Rad Software Support at 800-854-6737 option 3.